:: Government Training

Certificate Programs for Texas Veterans

Certificate Programs for Texas Veterans

Use the Veterans Benefits you've earned to take your education to the next level.

The Professional Development Center (PDC) is proud to be an approved institution by the Texas Veterans Commission. We are committed to providing the best possible educational experience and service to all our students. Veterans of the U.S. military who have available educational benefits can enroll in any of the Veteran Administration (VA) approved certificate programs listed below.

In an effort to help our veteran students, PDC coordinates with the Department of Veterans Affairs to assist a qualifying veteran, or his/her dependents in the enrollment process. Our goal is to provide all the pertinent information required for a smooth and seamless transition for all our VA students while providing excellent customer service.

The PDC Certifying Official acts as a liaison between the Department of Veterans Affairs and the veteran student. This involves assisting with a variety of processing and information needs such as documentation requirements, correspondence, and the certification and receipt of benefits.

Please call us or come by the PDC Office to see how we can help you!

Veterans Administration (VA) Approved Certificate Programs

VA Enrollment Process

Veterans, veteran dependents, and others eligible for veterans' education programs should determine their benefits and obtain authorization prior to enrolling in courses. Eligible VA students may utilize their educational benefits for approved certificate programs only.

Please note, veteran students must still enroll and pay for the program. Once PDC receives tuition payment from the VA all fees received minus tuition or fees not covered will be refunded to the student. Can't pay the full tuition? PDC offers a Payment Plan option, there is a $75-non refundable fee for this option.

For enrolling in a course Follow these Steps:

Step 1: VA Student must determine eligibility. If eligible, Veteran student must Print the VA Statement of Understanding form and Submit to the Program Coordinator along with all required documentation and by completing steps 2-3 below. PDC will process your Educational Benefits to the appropriate VA office.

Step 2: Veteran Student must Get a UT EID or if you already have a UT EID please include this in your registration form and the Statement of Understanding. A UT EID is now required in order for the University to match VA funds disbursed to UT in your name.

Step 3: Veteran student must register for a course online, by telephone or by emailing or faxing a PDC Registration Form with payment to the Program Coordinator. Veteran student must pay full tuition when enrolling in a course or contact the Program Coordinator for a Payment Plan application. Once PDC receives the educational funds from the VA, the student will be refunded any tuition paid.

For further information please contact the Program Coordinator below.

Please note: Professional Development Center programs are not eligible for Hazelwood Act benefits.

Eligible for MyCAA or Tuition Assistance?

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts

PDC currently participates in the Department of Defense (DoD) Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program. This program provides financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing a certificate program at PDC. For program eligibility requirements and restrictions, please contact Military One Source at (800) 342-9647 or you can visit their website at www.militaryonesource.com.

If you would like to use MyCAA benefits at PDC, please review the following steps for enrollment:

  • Establish your MyCAA account at the MyCAA website at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa.
  • Create your Career and Training Plan at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa or contact the Program Coordinator for a Training Plan.
  • Make sure you are selecting The Professional Development Center as the designated school.
  • Please provide your Approval Letter to the appropriate Program Coordinator for processing. See course page for Program Coordinator details.

Note: If you are unable to access the MyCAA website, please contact a Military OneSource Career and Education Consultant at (800) 342-9647 for assistance.

Tuition Assistance (TA)

Students using Tuition Assistance must submit the authorization contract from their Base Education to our office at the time of enrollment with the enrollment form. Your payment (or student share) that the government is not covering is also due at the time of enrollment.

Additional Assistance

For additional assistance regarding VA educational benefits, please contact the Veteran Administration at 1-888-442-4551 or http://www.gibill.va.gov.

Need help or have further questions regarding VA, MYCAA or TA you may contact Veronica Phillips, VA Certifying Official for PDC at 512-471-2926 or vphillips@austin.utexas.edu

Processing Time

PDC processing time takes 1-2 weeks. Processing time may be longer during peak times at the beginning of semester periods.

Program Contacts

For more information and enrollment process please contact the appropriate Program Contact below:

Financial Planning Certificate Program
Alan Pilgrim
Program Coordinator

Human Resource Management Certificate Program or Project Management Certificate Program
Kamela Syed
Program Coordinator

Paralegal Certificate Program
Elizabeth Navarro
Program Coordinator

Online Programs eligible for MYCAA or Tuition Assistance

Online Certificate Programs
Veena Hosur
Program Coordinator

top of page